Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sea of Gold

I'm beginning to love my weekends.

Last Friday was kinda rushed. I had a submission due on Monday, but I had to get it done by Friday and sent out, so I would have time to get my next two assignments done by this coming Friday 2 June 2006.

Had a wonderful dinner @ Sakae with Rz :) I <3 <3 <3 hot agedashi tofu and fresh salmon nigiri!~ Hee.. I just wanted an occasion to dress up actually. Was feeling kind of couped up at home with all these assignments and I really wanted to splurge and wallow in luxurious agedashi tofu!! I had 3 plates of it! LOL :x

Then yesterday, I went to watch X-Men III with ES, JL, Sol, Rz, Gerg and TBT :D I loved the show, except that I got kinda exasperated with Rogue and Angel! And why the hell does the X-Jet not fly out of a hidden take-off/landing strip hidden in the cliff face like it's SUPPOSED to! Wouldn't it have been so cool? Wah lau..

I think the movie brought back some memories of the old sgWar. We used to have a team called X-Men then, and we had this thread going in the forum that went up to 30 over pages of X-men related discussion. Without this team who "adopted me" and gave me the callsign Rogue so many years ago, I would never have revived my interest in the X-Men. I would not have read up so much on them and they would have stayed in my memories, forevermore a mere children's cartoon. Now the team is gone, save for JL and Sol, Space and some others we don't get to see often enough.

Anyway, as always, Sol and JL were the life of the party. JL more than Sol, I would say, because of his neon orange jersey, which seemed to make him Sol's target for the night and secured his position as "fully cooked"! ROFL. What really cracked us up was the fact that Sol would "attack" in English and JL will whine in Mandarin.

After the show we had a nice dinner at TCC, where I had my fave beef mozza tofu~!! My drink was a sparkling citrus mango concoction frivolously called Sea of Gold. Nice name, but I can't say it suits what I had pictured in mind :P I think I ordered it hoping it would come out all shimmering and glittery too haha :P Healthy food never tasted better, if you ask me ;)

I think TBT and Gerg were probably quite stunned the whole time. Perhaps they really regret agreeing to come watch the show and have dinner with us haha! I don't think the guys had enough to eat though, the portions were kind of small compared to the Orchard Emerald branch which still stands as my fave.

We finally got Sol a TCC membership card also. The number of times he has whined about him not being able to get one.. you wouldn't think he was turning 21 anytime soon! Now my ears can rest a lil bit before the next outing where it'll definitely be Sol vs. JL again hahaha :P

Poor Gerg, I think our conversation kept switching from English to Mandarin to Hokkien and back again too fast for him to catch most of it. He had a dazed look on his face throughout the most of our dinner.

It was a wonderful dinner in all, and TBT surprised us all by paying for it! Thank you tbtbtbtbt! Hee, next round it'll will be our turn k? :)

I was told by Rz that they wanna go Crab-eating on 17 June :) Anyone wants to come? Haha :) It will be at ECP :) It was really yummy the last time, though JL says its only "not bad lah". See whose opinion you trust more :P

Then last night after dinner we all went home and re-united in Alpha :P Too bad ES and JL didn't join us. I think JL must have gone directly to bed, he was exhausted to the point he almost fell asleep in the movie. To give him credit, being Sol's verbal target can also be very exhausting mentally hahahaha!! :P

Gerg and I had a fragging competition towards the end of de_aztec last night! Haha! It was such a close fight but I managed to overtake his score in the last few rounds :P Too bad I didn't screen shot it :P But we're talking about a semi-asleep Gerg, so maybe it's not much to speak of haha :P

We all left the server around 2am, and I had some sgWar stuff to settle before I get busy again. So I was clearing stuff up til about 3am or so.

All these late nights are undoubtedly detrimental to a girl and I've to admit at 24 I am starting to worry about my skin. Recently, I even bought my first eye-cream. *sniff*

But I've actually found a wonderful product that is heavy-duty enough to withstand my gaming needs lol. I've been using it more than 4 nights a week for three weeks and my dark circles have almost all disappeared. (It is 100% gamer-tested! :P ROFL.)

Did I mention, I think I'm getting vainer? :P

Anyways, I'm off to relax in Alpha again :D


- 28 May 2006 3:21pm -

7 comments:

hesedetang * said...

LOL, this is Sol's interpretation of yesterday's outing..

He conveniently neglected to mention how he tormented poor JL the whole night :P

s0|iTud3 said...

You make me sound like a monster -_-"

hesedetang * said...

More like a lion ^^

Anonymous said...

rawr. where in ecp are your crabs? sea food centre or lagoona?

hesedetang * said...

Erm, you know, that open air food place.. Is it called Laguna? I can't remember..

We found it affordable, about $20/crab. And the crabs are not tiny either ;)

Tempting?

Frederico said...

oo i didn't know you're back in singapore! :)
that loreal shit works wonders eh? maybe i must get a gal to buy it for me sometime..... hahaha...
I'm impressed you actually knew stuff about Xmen ;)

hesedetang * said...

Erm ya, I'm back.. I forgot to go around to all my profiles and change the location field haha..

Yeah I love the X-Men and the stories behind them. I used to spend a lot of time online reading up on them.

Did you know Mystique is actually Nightcrawler's mother? That is why he has blue skin too. She abandoned him when he was a baby because he was not a shape shifter like her. It was easier for her to change her skin colour and hide her mutant identity without a blue furry kid following her around. Nightcrawler then grew up in a circus where people thought he was just wearing a costume.

It is quite sad that she lost her powers. I do think she is one of the better thought out characters in the Marvel universe.